Spicy Andhra tamarind rice
- Category: Andhra Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Lunch Recipes, Rice Recipes
- 2 cups Cooked Rice
- Tamarind - lemon sized ball
- 2 tablespoons Peanuts
- 2 teaspoons Ginger, chopped
- 6 Red chillies, broken
- 3 Green chillies, broken
- 1 tablespoon Bengal gram
- 1 tablespoon Urad dal
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard powder
- Curry leaves - few
- Pressure cook rice. Once cooked sprinkle crushed curry leaves. Cover and allow to cool.
- In hot water soak tamarind and extract thick tamarind juice by discarding pulp.
- Heat oil and splutter mustard seeds, urad dal, Bengal gram and peanuts till roasted.
- Now add green chillies, finely chopped ginger, red chillies, turmeric powder and curry leaves. Add to this tamarind juice and salt. Heat till tamarind boils and thickens.
- Mix this with rice along with turmeric powder and mustard powder.
- Mix well and serve hot Andhra Puliyodharai