Ringan na olo
This is Gujarati version of baingan ka bhartha. The key difference is that other vegetables like tomato or onion are not added.
Gujarati Ringan na olo is often served with bajra na rotla, kadhi and gud.
- Category: Curry Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Gujarati Recipes, Lunch Recipes
- 1 Big eggplant
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 -3 green chilies
- 2 teaspoons oil
- Salt to taste
- coriander leaves to garnish
- Apply 2-3 longitudinal cuts with knife oon eggplant and roast on flame from all sides until inner looks tender and skin starts separating
- Allow eggplant to cool and peel off charred skin.
- Chop or mash tender eggplant and keep aside.
- Heat oil. Roast minced garlic, red chili and chopped green chili. Saute for couple of minutes.
- Add the mashed eggplant. Adjust taste with salt and stir.
- Cook for 2-3minutes.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve ringan na olo along with bajra rotla.
- This makes a perfect desi gujarati thali when served with bajri(pearl millet) na rotla with fresh home made butter on it and gol(jaggery) In winter days makes perfect warm meal that is good and warm for body too.
- Since I am not that perfect with making Rotla I would recommend you to check this for step by step process of how to make perfect bajri no rotlo .