Malavni masala is a spice mix of around 15 spices used in kitchens of Malvan region in Coastal South Maharashtra. Malvani style cooking is incomplete without Malvani masala.
- Category: Maharashtrian Recipes
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 4 tablespoons Coriander Seeds / Dhania
- 2 tablespoons Khus Khus / Poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon Dagad Phool / Pathar ke phool / Stone flower
- 12 Teppal / Triphal / Sichuan pepper
- 1 tbps Funnel Seeds / Badishoop
- 1 tablespoon Shahi jeera / Caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon Mustard Seeds / Rai
- 2 Black Elaichi / Black Cardamom
- 2 Bay Leaves / Tej patta
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric Powder / Haldi powder
- 1 Jaypatri / Mace
- 3 inch Cinnamon / Dalchini
- 1 tablespoon Black Pepper / Kali mirchi
- 20 Cloves / Lavang
- 30 Dry Red Chillies / lal mirch
- Roast all ingredients in oil for few minutes till its aromatic.
- Allow to cool and grind to smooth powder.
- Malvani Masala is ready to be used.