Teppla Chutney is simple chutney made in local kitchens in coastal Maharashtra and Goa using coconut and spiced with sichuan pepper or teppal /triphal as known in local language. Fresh berries of Tepphal are available during rainy season and mature fully by December when they are harvested, dried and stored.
- Category: Chutney Recipes, Goan Recipes, Konkani Recipes, Mangalorean Recipes
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 4 green chillies
- 1/2 teaspoon thick tamarind extract
- 8 Jeev Teppal / Green Sichuan Pepper berries, tender (else dried teppal husk)
- Grind all the ingredients except teppal in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- With a tablespoon of water, cursh teppals using mortar and pestle. Discard the teppals and add only water to ground paste.
- Adjust taste with salt.
- Serve Teppla Chutney as side dip.