Stuffed flatbread / paratha recipe using seasonal radishpods / mongre / mongri vegetable and spices.
- 100 grams radish pods / mongre, ends cut
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed powder / jeera powder
- 2 red chillies
- 1 piece ginger, small piece
- 1 onion, medium sized
- 2 garlic cloves
- Few fresh coriander leaves
- Oil, for greasing
- Salt, as per taste
- 2 cups wheat flour
- Knead flour in dough and keep aside.
- For filling, blend mongre with chillies, ginger, garlic, onion, coriander leaves, cumin seed powder and salt to coarse mixture.
- Using two dough balls, roll two rotis/ flatbread. Place 1 tablespoon filling on one roti, evenly spread and then place another roti over it. Close the edges. Roll gently to seal the ends.
- Bake on hot tawa on both sides. Grease with little oil to make surface crisp.
- Serve hot mongre da paratha with curd.