Sweet and sour tomato chutney
- 6 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mustard oil
- 1 teaspoon panch phoran (equal parts of fenugreek seed, nigella seed, cumin seed, black mustard seed and fennel seeds)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 whole red dried chilli
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Jaggery, as per taste
- salt to taste
- Heat Oil. Splutter paas puran, red chilli and bay leaf.
- Add onion and tomoates. Add turmeric powder and salt.
- Cook covered till tomoates are soft.
- Adjust taste with jaggery.
- Serve as a chutney with rice or roti.