Rice and lentils cooked with vegetable stock
- Category: Dinner Recipes, Lunch Recipes, Rice Recipes, Sindhi Recipes
- 1 1/2 cups Rice, rinsed and soaked for 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup Khichdi ki Dal / Husked Green Gram), rinsed and soaked for 15 minutes
- Salt as per taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 5 Black pepper corns
- 2 teaspoons Ghee
- 5 cups Vegetable stock
- In a pressure cooker, heat oil and fry pepper corns.
- Add lentils, rice, vegetable stock, turmeric powder and salt. Mix.
- Pressure cook till rice is soft. Mash Khichdi with long spoon. Adjust consistency with hot water.
- Serve Patri Khichreen hot with ghee, curd curry, pickle and papad.