Fried, crispy snack made with gram flour and unique spice blend from Ratlam
- 250 grams Gram flour/Besan
- 1 tablespoon Ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon Asafoetida
- 1 teaspoon Black salt
- 15 Cloves
- 1 teaspoon Fennel seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon Carom seeds/ajwain
- 1 pinch Turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon Red chili powder
- 20 Pepper corns
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 pinch Soda
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Cooking oil
- Dry roast cloves, pepper corns,fennel seeds and carom seeds. Blend to powder.
- Whisk water and oil till uniform mixture is obtained. Add lemon juice, blended spice powder, soda and blend again.
- Add gram flour while whisking to form soft dough.
- Extrude dough using sev maker into hot oil. Deep fry till golden on all sides. Drain and keep aside.
- Store Ratlami Sev in air tight container.