Moong Dal Halwa
Dessert made from Split green gram popular in Rajasthani meal
- Category: Dessert Recipes, Rajasthani Recipes
- 1 cup split green gram / moong dal, soaked overnight
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Mawa / khoya, crumbled
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 cup Ghee
- 1 pinch Saffron / kesar
- Almonds, sliced
- Grind mong dal coarsely. Stir fry ground moong dal in hot ghee till dal is golden brown.
- Separately heat sugar in water to make syrup. Add this to dal.
- Add saffron and milk. Stir till dal is thick and cooked.
- Garnish moong dal halwa with almonds and serve hot.