Famous street food of Jammu made from Dogri cheese – Kalari. The dish is simple butter shallow fried Kalari cheese served between bread.
Kalari or Maish Krej is traditional cheese from hilly areas of Jammu and made from cow / goat milk. It has mild mozzarella-like flavour
- Kalari Cheese
- Salt and other seasonings
- Shallow fry pieces of Kalari cheese in butter in a pan from both sides
- Roast bread pieces from both sides
- Place cooked Kalari cheese between bread pieces
- Serve hot with chutney. Garnish with tomato, coriander and onion salad