Quick candied, sweet, hot and sour chutney made from watermelon rind
- 5 cups watermelon rind (green skin peeled, cut into pieces)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 inch ginger, grated
- 4 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/2 green chilli, remove seeds, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper
- Put all of the ingredients into a slow cooker and cook on high for 5 hours.
- Spoon the chutney into jars along with the remaining sauce/juice.
- Store in refrigerator for a few weeks.