It must be winter? Didnt we guess it right? The reason you have come here is to make best use of winter vegetable – lila lasan / green garlic. This is simplest recipe to make best use of green garlic in making daal, of course in a Gujarati style.
- 1/2 cup green garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup tuvar dal / arhar dal
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- Salt, as per taste
- 2 teaspoons ghee
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds / jeera
- 2 dry red chillies, broken
- 1 piece ginger, half inch long, grated
- 1 pinch hing
- 3 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Onion, large, finely chopped
- 1 Tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- Jaggery, as per taste
- Pressure cook dal along with sufficient water.
- Once cool, add turmeric powder and salt. Blend well. keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan. Splutter jeera, dry red chillies and hing. Saute.
- Add ginger and garlic. Saute.
- Add onions and cook till translucent.
- Add tomatoes and green garlic. Cook till tomatoes are cooked.
- Add dal and mix well.
- Adjust consistency with water.
- Adjust taste with salt, jaggery and red chilli powder.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve lila lasan ni daal with roti / rice.