Fried stuffed puffs with filling made from gram flour, onion and spices
- 2 cups maida
- 1/2 cup besan
- 2 -3 cups Onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped green chilli
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons Crushed coriander
- 1 pinch Asafoetida
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons white sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ajwain
- 1 teaspoon saunf/fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Poppy seeds
- 3 cardamom.
- 3 bay leaves
- 8 cloves
- 1/4 cup butter
- Oil roast all spices - crushed coriander, cloves, bay leaves, cardamom, poppy seeds, chopped garlic, chopped ginger and chopped green chilli, fennel seeds and ajwain seeds.
- Add and fry onions till tender. Add salt to taste, turmeric powder and asofoetida.
- Whisk besan and water along with salt, turmeric powder and red chill powder. Add this to onions mixture. Stir. Cook 5-8 minutes till besan is cooked.
- Add finely chopped cilantro, white sesame seeds and mix well. Keep filing aside.
- Knead maida, butter, salt and water to soft dough.
- Roll a piece of dough to round flat bread. Place 1-2 tsp filing in center and pull edges and close.
- Deep fry till golden brown on all sides.
- Serve Pyaaz Ki Kachori with tamarind chutney.