Tikki is a popular street food and snack item. Makhana Aloo tikki adds flavours and health benefits of makhana to the recipe.
- 2 Potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 1 cup Makhana (Lotus Seeds)
- 3 Green Chillies, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon Roasted Peanuts, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Coriander Leaves, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red chilli / black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- Roast makhana with little ghee till crunchy. Grind to coarse powder.
- Mix all ingredients. Adjust taste with salt and chilli powder.
- Make small cylindrical shapes and shallow fry / pan fry in ghee/oil. Flip and cook from both sides till golden brown.
- Serve Makhana Aloo tikki with ketchup / chutney.