Porridge made with rice and paangkhoklaa (taro leaves)
- Category: Breakfast Recipes, Manipuri Recipes, Rice Recipes
- 1 tablespoon Mustard oil
- Handful of rice , sticky variety
- 15 paangkhoklaa leaves
- few sprigs of chinese chives, cut
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda.
- salt to taste
- Boil rice with water in a pot. Do not stir. Cook till porridge like consistency.
- Boil washed taro leaves in water in separate pot. Cook till leaves are mushy.
- Serve Chagem Ooti hot
- Add baking soda and water. Stir till leaves mash into paste. Keep aside.
- Fry chives in oil till brown. Transfer chives and gravy to rice porridge. Add salt. Mix.