Mochai Kathirikai Kurma is curry recipe made from dry field beans and eggplant in kitchens of Tamil Nadu. Learn about Mochai Kathirikai Kurma recipe here.
- 1 cup Mochai, dry field beans, soaked in water overnight
- 4 brinjal / kathirikai, cleaned and cubed
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmericp powder
- 1 tablespoon Kurma podi / spice mix
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Salt as per taste
- 1 cup yogurt / dahi
- Pressure cook mochai/beans, onion, turmeric powder with water for 1 whistles.
- Once pressure releases, add brinjals, tomato, curd, kurma podi and salt. Mix well. Continue heating without lid.
- In a tempering pan, heat oil and spultter cumin seeds, mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Add temper to bean preparation and mix well.
- Serve Mochai Kathirikai kurma hot with rice.