Pisyun Lon or pahadi namak is green garlic flavoured salt used as ingredient. This is flavoured salt made by grinding salt along with green garlic and other spices and used for flavoring food. Green garlic is a seasonal vegetable and therefore pisyun lon is traditional way of preserving and using it. It is common in hilly regions of north India and also known as hare lashun ka namak (लहसून वाला नमक) or Uttarakhandi Namak.
- Category: Garhwali Recipes, Himachali Recipes, Kumaoni Recipes
- 1/4 cup Salt / Mota namak
- 1/2 cup green garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds / jeera
- 1/2 teaspoon carom seeds / ajwain seeds
- 3 green chillies
- green chilli-3-4
- Blend all ingredients to form green powdered hara namak.
- Store this in container for months.
- Use Pisyun lon to flavour your salads