Kirlayle Bogde Ambat is tangy coconut curry made from sprouted red chawli curry or red cowpeas. Often vegetables like madras cucumber or potatos or yam are added to sprouted red chawli. It is commonly made in homes of GSB Konkani community.
- 1/2 cup sprouted red chowli / Kirlayle Bogdo, skin removed
- 3/4 cup fresh grated coconut
- 1/2 madas cucumber, peeled and cubed
- 5 dry red chillies, dry roasted
- Tamarind, marble sized piece soaked in little water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 teaspoons oil
- Grind coconut, dry red chilies and tamarind to coarse paste. Keep aside.
- Pressure cook Bogdo and cucumber pieces along with water, for one whistle.
- Add coconut paste to cooked chawli.
- Adjust taste with salt and consistency with water.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Temper with hot coconut oil along with fried onions.
- Serve Kirlayle Bogde Ambat with rice.