Pumpkin porridge with coconut and rice flour
- Category: Malayali Recipes, Snacks Recipes
- 1/2 kilogram Pumpkin, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup Rice powder
- 1/2 cup Jaggery
- 1 cup Grated coconut
- Water as needed
- Salt to taste
- Boil jaggery in water to form a syrup.
- Prepare a thick batter by combining rice flour and water.
- Cook pumpkin with enough water and mash it.
- Add jaggery syrup, rice flour batter and coconut to pumpkin and cook until all the water evaporates.
- Serve Matha verakiyathu as a teatime snack.