Teppal Bende Sukke is very tasty recipe made from Okra / ladies finger with distinct flavours of teppal / Sichuan pepper in Konkani way.
- 1 kilogram ladies finger / okra, cleaned and cut in inch long pieces
- 1 cup fresh coconut, grated
- 5 dry red chillies
- 1/3 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 5 pieces Kokum, soaked in water
- Salt, as per taste
- 10 dry teppal
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Grind coconut along with turmeric powder, dry red chilies and little water to smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Coarsely ground teppal. Keep aside.
- Heat on high flame in a pan, chopped ladies finger, kokum along with salt and little water. Mix well.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add ground paste, teppal and coconut oil. Mix well.
- Continue heating for 2 minutes.
- Serve Teppal Bende sukke hot along with chapati.