Lingad ka achar/ Kasrod achar is a delicious pickle prepared with fiddlehead ferns. It can be served with rice or roti.
- 500 grams Lingad/ fiddlehead ferns, chopped
- 100 milliliters Mustard Oil
- 1 bowl Vinegar
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 tablespoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1 teaspoon dry red chilli
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 1 teaspoon Fennel powder
- 1 teaspoon Methi Dana
- 1 teaspoon Rai / mustard seed powder
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- Cook fiddlehead ferns for 10 minutes. Dry them in the sun for 4 to 5 hours.
- In a bowl, combine fiddlehead ferns, salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, degi mirch, cumin powder, fennel powder, methi dhana, rye powder, bleack pepper and vinegar. Mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mixed ingredients. Saute for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Store the pickle in an airtight jar. Serve Lingad ka achar with rice or roti.