Omakka Moru curry / Kaplanga Pullissery is a traditional Kerala dish made with raw papaya, yogurt and a few spices. It is a simple and tasty dish that goes well with rice.
- 1 cup raw papaya, peeled & diced
- 1 cup yogurt, beaten
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fenugreek powder
- 3 green chillies, sliced
- 1 piece ginger, inch long, shredded
- 4 garlic cloves, shredded
- 4 shallots finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- 2 1/2 teaspoons oil
- Blend yogurt with water to make buttermilk and keep aside.
- Splutter mustard seeds in hot oil and sauté curry leaves, ginger, garlic, green chillies, shallots, turmeric powder and fenugreek powder.
- Add papaya, 1/4 cup water and salt. Cover the pan and cook for 5-7 minutes on low medium flame.
- Add buttermilk and keep stirring till its just heated.
- Serve kaplanga pulissery / omakka moru with steamed rice.