Crepe made with Banana Florets, Pearl Millet and lentils
- 1 cup Vazhaipoo / Banana Florets, finely chopped
- 1 cup Bajra / pearl millet, washed and soaked in water for two hours
- 1/4 cup Toor Dal
- 1/4 cup Moong Dal
- 1/4 cup Channa Dal
- 1/4 cup Urad Dal
- 1 Onion, small and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 3 Dry Red Chillies
- 2 sprigs Curry Leaves
- 1 pinch hing / asafoetida
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Salt as per taste
- Mix all lentils. Wash and soak in water for 1 hour.
- Grind black pepper, red chillies, hing and soaked bajra to smooth batter.
- Add soaked dals, curry leaves and salt. Grind this mixture to coarse batter. Lentils should be crushed not ground.
- Add finely chopped Vazhaipoo, dhania leaves and onion. Mix well.
- Heat skillet / tawa. Grease with oil. Place a spoonful of batter and spread into circular shape.
- Cook on both sides. Apply oil to edges.
- Serve Vazhaipoo Bajra Adai along with butter and pickle.