Bengal gram fritters popular on streets of Karnataka
- Category: Kannada Recipes, Snacks Recipes
- 2 cups split Bengal gram /chana dal
- 2 -3 tbsp grated Coconut
- 4 -5 Green chillies
- 1 inch Ginger piece
- Salt to taste
- 1 medium sized Onion; finely chopped
- 1 Small bunch Dill leaves; finely chopped (optional)
- Coriander leaves
- Curry leaves
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Rice flour
- Hing a pinch
- Soak bengal gram for 3-4 hours. Drain the excess water from the dal and keep aside.
- Grind soaked dal along with coconut, chillies, salt and ginger into a very coarse paste with minimum water.
- In a large bowl, add chopped (onion, dill leaves, green chillies, Coriander leaves, curry leaves), rice flour, hing and 1 tsp hot oil. Mix well. Adjust taste with salt, spice and chilly powder.
- Deep fry discs of the batter on medium high flame till they are crispy and golden brown on all sides.
- Serve as snack or as side dish.