Traditional sweet spongy cake made of ground rice and coconut
- 2 cups Rice, soaked overnight
- 1 cup Cooked rice
- 2 cups Coconut, grated
- 3/4 cup Sugar as per taste
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Yeast
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- Raisin and Cashew nuts for garnish
- Grind soaked rice, cooked rice, coconut with water into fine thick paste
- Activate yeast. Mix with batter. Allow to rest. Adjust taste with sugar and salt.
- Steam batter in idly maker for 20 minutes. Garnish with rasin and cashwenuts. Serve Vattayappam hot.