Green garlic adds mild flavor when cooked with rice. This Thoom ware chawar is simple recipe of cooking rice with green garlic / sai thoom. Quite easy to make, thoom ware chawar is commonly made in Sindhi kitchens during winter where there is availability of green garlic in market.
- 1 cup rice
- 1/2 cup green garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Salt as per taste
- Heat oil. Splutter cumin seeds.
- Add green garlic and saute, till garlic is cooked in about 5 minutes.
- Add turmeric, salt and rice. Mix well.
- Add 2 cups water and cook covered till rice is cooked.
- Serve Thoom ware chawar with curry.