Pacchai Manjal Sadam
Spiced rice is vary common across India. But if you have raw turmeric in your kitchen, you can replace your turmeric powder with raw turmeric and give a twist. Try this Pacchai Mangal Sadam – Fried rice with fresh raw turmeric.
- Category: Malayali Recipes, Rice Recipes, Tamil Recipes
- 2 teaspoons fresh turmeric ( grated)
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon methi seed powder / fenugreek seed powder
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered jaggery, as per taste
- Salt, as per taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon urad dal (soaked in water for 30 minutes)
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 2 teaspoons roasted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Heat oil. Splutter curry leaves, urad dal, mustard seeds and roasted peanut. Saute and fry well.
- Add grated turmeric. red chilli powder, methi powder and salt. Mix well. Add few little water.
- Once oil separates, add jaggery. Mix well.
- Add cooked rice and mix well. Adjust taste with lemon juice.
- Serve Pachhai Mangal Sadam hot.