Kachi Haldi ki Chutney
Turmeric is a superfood and looked at for its various health benefits. Fresh turmeric chutney is good way of enjoying health benefits of turmeric. Find below the recipe of kachi haldi ki chutney here:
- Category: Chutney Recipes, North Indian, Pickle Recipes
- 1/4 cup fresh turmeric, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon peanuts, roasted
- 2 teaspoons channa dal / bengal gram, roasted
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds/dhania, roasted
- 3 dry red chillies, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons oil, for tempering
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds, for tempering
- 1 sprig curry leaves, for tempering
- Oil roast coriander seeds, pepper, chana dal, red chillies, peanuts till they are crispy. Remove the ingredients and keep aside.
- Heat oil. Fry onion and garlic till translucent. Keep aside.
- Again heat little oil and fry grated turmeric till it changes colour and become aromatic.
- Once all ingredients are cooled, grind them along with salt, sugar and little water. Adjust taste with sugar and salt.
- Temper the paste with hot oil, fried mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Serve kachi haldi ki chutney as side dish.