A Kerala style tasty pickle made with banana stem
- 2 cups Banana stem / vazhapindi, cut in 1\" pieces
- 1 tablespoon Ginger, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Asafoetida
- 1/2 teaspoon Fenugreek powder
- 4 teaspoons Chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons Gingelly oil
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 2 sprig Curry leaves
- 2 teaspoons Vinegar (optional)
- Heat gingelly oil and add banana stem. Sauté for 5 minutes and keep aside.
- Splutter mustard seeds, curry leaves and add ginger and garlic. Saute until raw smell disappears.
- Add spice powders, salt and banana stem. Mix well.
- Switch off flame and add vinegar. Mix well.
- Serve Vazhapindi achar with rice.