Nachani / Ragi or Finger millet is one of the healthy millets. It is locally grown in western ghats along Konkan region. This is simple idli recipe using nachani millet instead of rice.
- 2 cups Nachani, soaked in water for 8 hours
- 1 cup Urad dal, soaked in water for 5 hours
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds / methi dana, soaked in water for 5 hours
- Salt as per taste
- 2 teaspoons oil
- Grind Nachani, urad dal and fenugreek seeks.
- Allow this batter to ferment overnight or 7-8 hours.
- Use this batter, add salt and adjust consistency with water.
- Steam batter in idli maker to make idlis.
- Serve Nachani idli with coconut chutney and sambhar.