Phulkofir Dalna is an awesome Bengali vegetarian curry made with potatoes, cauliflower and spices in a tomato gravy. It is a perfect combination with rice, roti or poori.
- Category: Bengali Recipes, Curry Recipes, Potato Recipes
- 5 -7 pcs Cauliflower florets, steam cooked with salt and turmeric powder
- 2 cups medium sized Potato, cut into cubes
- 1 medium sized Tomato, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion seeds
- 2 Bay leaves
- 4 Methi seeds
- 3 Green chili slit
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala powder (cinnamon stick, green cardamom)
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Mustard oil
- Fry potato cubes and cauliflower florets until golden in color. Keep aside.
- In a pan, sauté onion seeds, bay leaves, green chili, sugar and tomato.
- Add a paste of cumin , red chili, turmeric powder to the pan.
- Add fried florets , potato cubes, 1 cup warm water and salt and bring it to a boil.
- Sprinkle garam masala powder and switch off the stove.
- Serve Phulkofir Dalna with plain rice and roti.