Chokk Bund is a tangy Kashmiri recipe prepared with cabbage, tamarind and spices. It goes well with boiled rice.
- 1 kilogram bund gobhi (cabbage), cut into big pieces
- Salt or to taste
- 2 tablespoons red chilly powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon hing (asafetida).
- 4 tablespoons tamarind pulp / juice of three lemons.
- 5 green chillies
- 3 tablespoons mustard oil.
- Heat oil. Fry cumin, hing, cabbage and salt. Stir occasionally.
- Add red chilly powder, green chillies and cover with a lid.
- Add tamarind pulp or lemon juice and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve Chokk bund with rice or chapati.