Festive food made from lentils cooked with local vegetables.
- Category: Curry Recipes, Oriya Recipes, Vegetable Recipes
- 1 tablespoon Dalma Masala
- Chopped fresh coriander leaves to garnish (optional)
- Shredded coconut to garnish (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Clarified butter (Desi Ghee)
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 2 Dried red chilli
- Salt per taste
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon Paanch phoren (equal mix of Fennel seeds, Cumin seeds, Mustard Seeds, Fenugreek Seeds, Nigella seeds)
- 1 cup Toor dal, soaked for 4 hrs
- 2 Drumstick, chopped
- 1/4 cup Red/White Raddish, chopped
- 1/4 cup yam, chopped
- 1/2 cup raw banana, chopped
- 1/2 cup Brinjal, cubed
- 1/2 cup pumpkin, chopped
- 1/2 cup suran / Elephant foot yam, chopped
- Pressure cook dal along with vegetables, salt and turmeric.
- Heat ghee in pan. Add panch-phoran and dried red-chilli.Once this mixture sputter, mix this to the boiled dal.
- Allow it to cook for 10 minutes. Add sugar or salt as per preference.
- Once little thick, add dalma powder masala. Take over heat, mix well, cover and let it sit for 5 mnutes.
- Garnish with shredded coconut and chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve dalma with rice / roti.