Kumaoni pua are deep fried dumplings made from bananas and fennel seeds. They are used as prasad during religious ceremonies, especially on makar sankrant.
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sooji (cream of wheat)
- 3 over ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon saunf (fennel seeds)
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- Oil for deep frying
- Add fennel seeds, sugar and yogurt to mashed bananas.
- Make soft thick batter with flour and mashed banana. Rest for half hour.
- Deep fry spoonful of batter till golden brown on all side.