Raw papaya is rich in dietary fiber and often used as weight loss food. It helps in removing toxins from the body and considered good food for your skin. This is extremely simple recipe using raw papaya.
You may experiment with other spices.
- 250 grams raw papaya - peeled, seeds removed and cubed
- 3 teaspoons mustard oil, for stir fry
- 1/2 teaspoon pas phuron - equal mix of 5 spices: fenugreek, mustard, saunf (fennel), jeera (cumin), kala jeera (black cumin)
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 2 green chillies
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 teaspoons kola khar / soda / sodium bicarbonate
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon mustard oil for topping
- 1 teaspoon coriander leaves, chopped
- Heat oil. Splutter pas phuron (5 spice seeds), chillies, ginger and garlic.
- Add papaya pieces and saute for minute.
- Add 1/2 cup water, salt and soda. Mix well.
- Bring mixture to boil. Simmer till papaya is completely cooked.
- Add little mustard oil. Mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot omitar khar with rice / roti.