A popular Manipuri dish prepared with green peas. Ooti in manipuri means ashes. This recipe uses ashes, obtained from burning dried peas instead of baking soda.
This ingredient includes heribob which is common ingredient in Manipur. This dried peel of a wild orange adds tangy flavors to recipes.
- Dried white peas or green peas, soaked
- Bamboo shoots, few and chopped
- 2 teaspoons rice
- Spring onions, Few chopped
- 1 Ginger, inch long, chopped
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Sodium Bicarbonate
- Heribob / hatkora lemon / shatkora
- Coriander leaves
- Green vegetables / Bean leaves
- Pressure cook peas along with bamboo shoots and rice.
- Add little soda and cook further for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry chopped onions, spring onions and ginger till onions are brown.
- Add cooked peas and little water.
- Add a little bit of heiribob and salt.
- Add the cleaned bean leaves and mix. Cook till done.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve ooti.