Tempered, crumbled steamed lentil paste mixed with spices.
- 2 cups chana dal
- Small piece of ginger
- 2 green chillies
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida
- 7 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 lemon, juice
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh coconut
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds
- Soak dal for 2-3 hours. Leaving 1 tsp dal, grind rest along with ginger and green chillies and set it aside
- Mix with whole dal, soda, turmeric powder and salt.
- In a flat greased plate, spread little mixture at a time and steam.
- Steam till cooked. Continue for remaining mixture.
- Once cool, crumble them. Add sugar, lemon juice, little salt and mix.
- Heat oil in pan. Crackle mustard seeds, add garlic, asafoetida and saute for minute. Pour this hot oil over crumbled mixture.
- Garnish with corinader leaves, grated coconut and pomegranate before you serve Amiri Khaman