Side dish of Cauliflower and potato with pickled spices
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 onion, finely chopped, large
- 2 potato diced
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1 pinch Asafetida
- turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mustard oil
- 1/4 teaspoon onion seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon fenugreek seeds/ methi dana
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons kasuri methi
- Boil cauliflower and potatoes in salted water for 5 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil. Splutter mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, fennel seeds, crushed coriander seeds, onion seeds and asafoetida.
- Add chopped onions and fry till transparent. Add cauliflower florets, diced potatoes, crushed ginger, crushed garlic, turmeric powder, curry powder, green chilies and salt.
- Add little water. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Add yogurt and cook till cauliflower is done.
- Stop heating. Add kasuri methi and coriander leaves and mix.
- Serve Achaari Aloo Gobi hot with roti.