Amritsari Chole Bhature
Spicy boiled chickpeas served with fried flatbread. It is popular street food in North India
- Category: Dinner Recipes, Lunch Recipes, Punjabi Recipes
- 3 cups all purpose flour / maida
- 7 tablespoons yogurt
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- salt to taste
- 2 cups Chole (white chickpeas)
- 3 Tea Bags
- 2 Badi Ilaichi
- 3 Cloves
- 2 inch long Cinnammon Stick
- 1 inch Ginger cut into think strands
- 2 Onions paste
- 3 Tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 4 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon Anardana
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Mangopowder (aamchur)
- 1 tablespoon Garam Masala
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 Bay Leaves
- salt to taste
- Dry roast cloves, cinnamon, pepper, anardana, cumin powder, corinade powder and and keep aside.
- Soak chickpeas in water along with tea bags, salt, moti elaichi for 1 hr. Boil till soft. Discard teabags. Keep aside 3/4 th of water.
- Heat ghee. Fry bayleaves, onion, ginger and the garlic paste till onions are brown. Add roasted powder and saute for a minute.
- Add tomato puree and some mashed chole and cook till oil separate.
- Add the chole and let it cook for 10 minutes till chole are done.
- Knead all bhature ingredients with little water to soft dough. Rest for 1 hr. Take orange sized piece of dough and roll into circular/oval shape.
- Deep fry in hot oil till light golden.
- Serve Amritsari Chole Bhature with onion rings, lemon wedge and green chillies.