Type of Assamese jack bean curry
- 2 cups Sbai rujung beans, soaked overnight
- 2 teaspoons Oil
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, large and chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic and ginger paste
- 2 green chillies, slit lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Pressure cook soaked beans along with turmeric powder and salt.
- Heat oil. Splutter cumin seeds and fry onion, ginger garlic and green chillies till onion is translucent.
- Add chopped tomoatoes and coriander seed powder and cook till tomatoes are mushy.
- Add beans cook covered till beans are coated with spices and done.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve Sbai Rujung hot with dimsa rice.