Kathal sabji with loochi
Spiced jackfruit served along with Assamese puris (loochi)
- 500 grams Kothal, small tender, peeled, cubed and blanched
- 3 tablespoons mustard oil
- 3 potatoes, peeled and halved
- 2 onions, medium, chopped
- 1 ginger, inch long
- 8 cloves Garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 Green chillies
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- Salt to taste
- Grind onion, ginger, garlic and green chillies. Keep paste aside.
- Stir fry potatoes and blanched jackfruit / kathal along with salt and turmeric. Keep aside.
- Heat oil. Splutter cumin seeds and bay leaves. Fry ginger garlic onion paste along with salt and turmeric.
- Add kathal and potatoes. Add remaining spices. Stir fry till all spices are coated. Add water and cook for 10 miuntes till potatoes and kathal are cooked.
- Serve Kathal sabji with hot loochi /poori