Gorkhali Chutney is a traditional Nepali dish. It is also known as Nepali aaloo til ki chutney/achar. Gorkhali chutney contains potato and sesame seeds as its key ingredients and mixed with local spices and herbs.
- 4 potatoes, boiled, peeled and cubed
- 5 green chillies, chopped finely
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup fresh vegetables (cucumber, radish or tomato), optional
- 1/2 teaspoon Timbur / Nepali Dhania /Himalayan Sichuan Pepper, crushed
- 3 teaspoons Sesame seeds (brown preferred)
- Salt, as per taste (can add black salt too)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon methidana / fenugreek seeds
- 2 dry red chillies
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Dry roast Sesame seeds, coriander seeds and dry red chillies till sesame changes color. Grind to coarse powder. Keep aside.
- Mix potatoes, green chillies, onions, and fresh vegetables.
- Spice it up with timbur, sesame powder, lemon juice and salt. Mix well.
- Temper the mixture with hot oil and fried, crisp fenugreek seeds.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve gorkhali chutney as side dish.