Sweet puff pastry stuffed with nuts and caramalized flour
- 500 grams khoya or reduced milk
- 300 grams sugar powdered
- 1/2 cup poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup suji
- 1/2 cup almonds chopped
- 1/2 cup cashew chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins chopped
- 800 grams maida / all purpose flour
- 200 grams ghee or clarified butter
- Roast the khoya till dry and deep pink in color
- Roast the suji in microwave for 2 minutes, turning twice in between.
- Roast the suji in pan now. Add poppy seeds, almonds, rasins and nuts. Stir till mixture is dry.
- Turn off the flame and add sugar. Mix well and allow it to cool.
- In a bowl, rub flour with ghee. The mixture resembles breadcrumbs
- Using water, make a stiff dough. Allow it to rest for 15 minutes.
- Taking marble sized ball, roll it into round flatbread.
- Place a spoonful of the filling into it, fold it gently and seal the edges by applying pressure.
- Cut out extra edges and make sure the filling is secured properly.
- Arrange all Gujhias on a greased baking tray.
- Brush the gujhias with some melted ghee.
- Preheat the oven first and bake them at 200 C for the first 5 minutes and then at 150 C for 20 minutes more.
- Apply ghee to gujhias in between to get desired colour.
- Once done the cover will be crispy and slight brown. Though it would be lighter than the fried gujhias.
- Avoid over baking which may result caramalization of inner stuffing.