Ethakka appam is an all time favorite snack of Keralites prepared by deep frying ripe banana slices dipped in a flour batter.The secret of making the perfect ethakka appam is to use ripe and sweet bananas. Enjoy this snack with a cup of hot coffee or tea.
- 2 ripe Plantain/ Ethakka, peeled and cut lengthwise into slices
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon rice flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Oil for deep frying
- Prepare a batter with all purpose flour, rice flour, turmeric powder, sugar, salt and water.
- Dip the banana pieces in the batter and deep fry till golden brown.
- Serve Ethakka appam hot with tea/coffee.