A rice and lentil pilaf, with fragnance of nutmeg and sweetness of rasins and crunchiness of cashews. Serve with Mitha Dal.
- 1 cup Rice
- 1/4 cup Split yellow moong dal
- 1/2 tablespoon Ghee
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric, powder
- 3/4 tablespoon Sugar, adjust according to taste
- Cashews and raisins, handful
- 1 cardamom, whole
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 cloves of Cloves
- 1 Cinnamon, small stick
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg, powder
- Soak rice and dal for 20 minutes.
- Roast whole spices and nuts in ghee.
- Add rice mixture and roast till slightly brown.
- To the rice mixture, add water, sugar, salt, turmeric powder and nutmeg powder. Boil and simmer till rice is done.