Kothalor Aanja is a delicious Assamese dish prepared with tender jackfruit.
- 700 grams tender jackfruit, cut into big pieces
- 2 big Onions
- 12 Garlic cloves
- A small piece Ginger
- 2 Green chillies
- 3 Bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon Chilli powder
- 4 tablespoons Mustard oil
- 1 big Onion, julienned
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala
- Salt to taste
- Make a paste with onion, garlic and ginger.
- Cook jackfruit with turmeric powder and salt.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry jackfruit until golden. Keep aside.
- In the same pan, fry all the other ingredients.
- Add jackfruit and water and cook for some time.
- Serve Kothalor Aanja with rice or roti.