Idlis are steamed rice flour pancakes. This version uses flavors of caramelized jackfruit. Ponda Muddo is also known as Pelakaayida Gatti or Halasina Kadubu. This idli is popular in western coastal regions of India.
- 1 cup Fresh jackfruit florets, chopped
- 1/2 cup Jaggery
- 1/2 cup Fresh coconut, grated
- 1 cup Idli Rava
- Salt as per taste
- 1 pinch Cardamom powder
- Ghee, for greasing
- Soak idli rava in water for 10 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Grind Jackfruit along with coconut and jagger without water till smooth.
- Mix rava, jackfruit pulp, salt and cardamom.
- Place batter in idli moulds and steam for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve ponsa muddo hot with ghee.