Deep fried flour dumpling soaked in sugar syrup. They are said to exhibit the traits of Mughal cuisine. The dessert is quite popular in South India as well, where it is called Badusha/ Padusha.
- Category: Dessert Recipes, Hyderabadi Recipes, Lakhnawi Recipes
- 2 cups fine flour
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon pistachio/almond chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- Knead fine flour, ghee, yogurt and baking soda into soft dough.
- Divide dough in small portion. Roll to make balls, then press in middle using thumb to make depression.
- Deep fry in ghee till golden brown.
- Make sugar syrup by heating sugar in cup of water and boiling til ti reaches 2-string consistency.
- Soak the fried balushahi in the syrup for around half hour.
- Remove from syrup. Garnish with pistachio / almond.