Guntur in Andhra Pradesh is known for spicy hot chillies. Guntur idli is variant of regular idli with distinct spiciness from its chillies. This podi idli is super hot and has distinctive taste.
- 10 Regular Steamed Idli
- 10 Guntur chilies
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Tur dal
- 1 tablespoon channa dal
- 1 1/2 tablespoons urad dal
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 small piece tamarind, lemon sized
- Salt, as per taste
- Dry roast all podi ingredients - dal, coriander seeds, peanuts, sesame seeds, pepper, cumin seeds, hing, tamarind. Grind to fine powder.
- Place idlis in a dish. Apply ghee on them from both sides, generously.
- Sprinkle guntur idli podi on the idlis.
- Pour little more ghee over idlis.
- Serve guntur idlis with coconut chutney.