Lentil preparation with Lucknow twist with milk added
- 1 cup toor daal
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 3 green chillies, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 Dried red chillies
- 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida
- Salt to taste
- 3/4 cup milk
- Coriander leaves
- Pressure cook dal. Once cool, whisk and add salt and turmeric powder.
- Heat ghee. Splutter cumin seeds, green chillies, dried chillies, garlic and asafoetida.
- Add dal. Bring to boil. Add milk and stir.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve Lakhnawi Daal hot with rice/roti.